I am so excited to share that after just shy of three months of blogging, I received a Blogger Recognition Award. Woot!
Ryann at Miss Elizabeth nominated me for the award – she writes about inspirational topics and how to navigate through life with a smile. I love her post 105 Things To Be Happy About Right This Second. Sweet reminder of the yummy things in life. Thank you Miss Elizabeth!
Now, there are a few things I need to do as part of receiving this awesome award:
- I have to thank the blogger that nominated me
- I have to write a post to show the award
- I have to write a brief story on how my blog started
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- I will nominate 15 bloggers for this award
- And I will contact each blog to let them know they received the Award and give them a link to this blog.
So, here we go! Yummy Lil’ Things is the perfect trifecta of the things I love about life.
Food. I love to create it and eat it. Food brings people together…it’s social. And, it makes me feel happy when I share the food I make with my family and friends.
Photography. It’s been a passion of mine for about 15 years now. I lost that fire once life got busy and I didn’t shoot much. Now, I’m taking pictures of everything again. I never thought I’d be “that girl” taking pictures of her food all of the time. Oops.
Creativity. Yummy Lil’ Things is an awesome creative outlet for me. I get to write (I have a degree in journalism), create amazing food, and take pictures of it all. So cool.
Advice….advice….advice. What’s my advice to new bloggers?
- Join some blogging groups on Facebook. They are a great way to connect with other bloggers, and you’ll learn little things here and there as you’re getting started. The two I’m really liking right now are Boost Your Blog and Bloggers Supporting Each Other. There are tons of them out there, you just need to find the one that suits your needs the best. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how much the blogging tribe wants to help each other succeed. It r-o-c-k-s!
- Keep going. Blogging is a lot of work and it’s easy to get frustrated when you don’t see your traffic growing as you’d like. Lynne Knowlton has been an inspiration to me and she’s CRAZY successful (her site is amazeballs, by the way. Check it out). When I started, I emailed her asked her advice (and was so grateful she wrote me back!) and she said the same thing. It’s hard work, but one, you have to start and two, keep going.
Okay. Here’s what you’ve been waiting for. All of these sites appealed to me in some way, whether it’s the content or the design. Drum roll. And the nominations go to…
Paul Sees The World. Paul is a friend of mine who started his blog coincidentally about 5 months before I did. Oh, did I mention he’s funny as shit and his blog posts are extremely entertaining?
makepeacelovefood. Rhonda’s writing style is similar to mine…so I was drawn into her site like a tractor beam. One of her latest post titles (and the content) “F*ck Coloring, Give Me a Drink” made me laugh out loud. Awesomeness all around.
EllDuclos. Her site is gorgeous and she has a lot of great blog tips to help a newbie get started. Woot!
The Kay Times. I’m a sucker for beautiful photography. And this site is FILLED with it. Amazing travel and lifestyle blog.
A Girl’s Escape. What I love about this website is the clean design. It’s really easy to find stuff…and that goes a long way. There’s nothing more frustrating than trying to navigate a site and not finding what you want. None of that on this site!
Garimashares. Garima’s site covers a lot of different subjects, and they’re easy to decipher and find. The use of photo blocks is really cool too.
TaraTsp. Wow…this site has got it going ON! The photography is beautiful, social media links are easily accessible, and all of the posts are extremely well written. A marketers dream. Definitely a blog in my space to aspire to be when I grow up!
Curvy Intuition. I love this blog. The headlines really draw you in, and the posts are easy to read. I need more fashion and beauty in my life!
Tangy Tales. Another fine example of an awesome site design. I like how she puts the category tags on her photos. I want to try everything on there!
One Day At A Time. The writing. Full stop. Wow.
Bernie’s Lessons and Blessings. Another awesome writer. I appreciate and admire Bernie’s incredible authentic approach to her writing. It’s so refreshing…and real.
Frozen World. So, this blog is written in French – which I don’t know how to read. But, it doesn’t matter. The photos tell a story on their own. The photography is gorgeous.
Kissing Often. I read Natalee’s post How I Gained Over 100 Pinterest Followers in 12 Days, tried some of her approaches and my Pinterest viewers exploded. I shit you not.
Mommy I’m Hungry. Mommy’s MILF Mission Mondays series. Brilliant. Bo’s witty writing is the bomb diggity.
So, that’s it! Writing this post has given me the inspiration to continue to bring you the most kick ass Yummy Lil’ Things I can. And to help and support as many other bloggers as I can. There is some truly amazing creativity out there. Go check out some of these sites – you’ll be happy you did.